Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brother Quotes Describing Brotherly Love

For those of us who are blessed to have an older or younger brother these brother quotes will mean a little more to you then for those who don't have the pleasure of having a male sibling.

How can you describe brotherly love...it is like waking up in the morning by having water thrown in your face and then going to sleep at night feeling safe and secure. Kind of bitter sweet isn't it?

Brothers tend to do hurtful things, fight more, say mean things and get you in lots of trouble when you are kids but no matter what, when you need someone to come to your defense - rest assure that your brother will be there.

Some of these brother quotes describe the emotions that we all feel at times towards our brothers but you have to make sure that whatever takes place you will end each day with love. Surprise you brother with one of these quotes so he will know exactly how you really feel about him. Don't think he will appreciate it?

C'mon of course he will. Can you think of one person that doesn’t want to be loved? It's one of the most important purposes of life -to show love and to receive it.

Here is your turn to show love with one of these brother quotes. You can guarantee that when you need your brother to be there for you he will come running.

Brother Quotes

After a girl is grown, her little brothers - now her protectors - seem like big brothers.
-- Astrid Alauda

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."
-- Harmon Killebrew

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.
-- Marc Brown

He aint heavy, he's my brother.
-- Neil Diamond

The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother - and they'll settle for a puppy every time.
-- Winston Pendelton

Brothers don't necessarily have to say anything to each other- they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.
-- Leonardo Dicaprio

I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.
-- Maya Angelou

If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.
-- Sam Levenson

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.
-- Clara Ortega

Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.
-- Susan Scarf Merrell

It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea.
-- Dylan Thomas

There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother.
-- Astrid Alauda

Being pretty on the inside means you don't hit your brother and you eat all your peas - that's what my grandma taught me.
-- Lord Chesterfield

There is a destiny that makes us brothers, no one goes his way alone; all that we send into the lives of others, comes back into our own.
-- Edwin Markham

Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore.
-- Hindu Proverb

I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see. I sought my God, but my God eluded me. I sought my brother and I found all three.
-- Author Unknown

Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and an be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is afar off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face.
-- St Francis of Assisi

Never make a companion equal to a brother.
-- Hesiod

Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.
-- Vietnamese Proverb

The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.
-- Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.
-- Antisthenes

The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose.
-- Garrison Keillor

It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on!
-- Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment