Tuesday, April 23, 2013

If You Lose Your Temper, You Lose The Argument

Never has a truer string of words been said to me than the above statement, oh memories..

I wasn't actually that young when this gem of wisdom was passed on to me, but thanks mr art dept, for such kindness.

Seriously though, how many times have you won an arguement or perhaps a "heated debate", by demonstrating what an angry , almost snarling and hissingly coherent individual you are? ..

..That's er right, like a er fish on a bicycle, the answer is never. It's fair then to say that even when we observe others arguing (unless they actually enjoy the process but I certainly won't be covering "that kinda thing" here), the one who says less, smiles and perhaps actually makes sense because they are not allowing their blood pressure to fly through the roof as a result, usually has the better outcome.

If you don't believe me, then observe an arguement "in motion", and watch which side wins, and why..

Oh yes, of course I'm not saying we can all be iceberg cool all of the time. After all, we wouldn't be, erm, human then would we?..

So try to bear this in mind next time you find yourself getting "hot under the collar". And if (ahem) the "opponent" is someone you care about, then just show them this page ok? That reminds me of something else..

0 comments:

Post a Comment