Thursday, April 25, 2013

Know Who You Are..

When I was in my teens, my father used to say, "there will come a time when you must know the person reflected back in the mirror". However, It's only much later that I understood what he meant. For example, in life, I have seen many instances where people are known by their possessions or their clothes etc. When actually removed from their "belongings" , they really do not have a clue as to who they are. So, when looking in the mirror, dear reader, what comes to mind?..

Relax , this isnt a mega complicated conundrum (try saying that with a mouthful of food), it's more a question of how do you see yourself?. It's not as hard as all that is it?..

That's better. At any given moment in time, we are all subject to life's constant fluctuation and external forces, but our essence more or less remains the same. And of course, we can change or improve on it tremendously for maximum benefit too.

What I'm saying is that we should know who we are as individuals, before we undertake or reject anything in life. On occasion, that does mean we may feel isolated and different from our peer group, family etc, but there's always a higher force beyond us that guides us, believe it or not..

I'm not sure if it looks like that, but when we do know who we are, we also know what we can do and hence, we resultantly feel better..

I'm glad some people agree with me, and even the cynics must agree, right?..

Never mind, it's good to question things, it shows intelligence and a keen mind. We should also question our feelings too, especially in "the heat of the moment", no matter how good or bad for us, it may seem at the time..

0 comments:

Post a Comment