Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quotes By Famous Women

Throughout history some of the best quotes by famous people came from the lips of strong but famous women. These women have taken up the mantel and have proven that gone are the days when women were considered the weaker vessel.

Read these quotations by women of various walks of life and really take a deep look at their point of view. Maybe you share the same points or you may learn to see things a bit differently. Enjoy these famous quotes by famous women.

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
-- Tallulah Bankhead

You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness.
-- Julia Roberts

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.
-- Ayn Rand


The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.
-- Emile Zola


Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
-- Rene Descartes


Find out who you are and do it on purpose.
-- Dolly Parton

Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
-- Harriet Beecher Stowe

Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship.
-- Sharon Stone

The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about other people.
-- Lucille S. Harper

I don't even butter my bread; I consider that cooking.
-- Katherine Cebrian

He who hesitates is a damned fool.
-- Mae West

Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.
-- Ingrid Bergman

Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it's all the same .... day.
-- Janis Joplin

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
-- Agnes Repplier

Though I am grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn't changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I'm just wearing better shoes.
-- Oprah Winfrey

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.
-- Barbara De Angelis

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
-- Erica Jong

I really don't think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don't mind the failure but I can't imagine that I'd forgive myself if I didn't try.
-- Nikki Giovanni

It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.
-- J. K. Rowling

0 comments:

Post a Comment