Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Don't Create Limits Out Of Fear Or Laziness

Many a time I have heard people say things like "no I can't do it, because it isn't me" or "no, it would alienate my friends,family, etc"..

Now unless you looked like this..

Then you really are er ok, okay? Yet again, even I am guilty of this. Many years ago, I bailed out of a charity bungee jump becuase I didn't want to be the only one to do it out of all my friends, who had their own excuses for not doing it, so I also bailed out, due to a need to "fit in"..

..I still feel a bit stupid about that, to this day. However, in a more everyday perspective, I again include myself in situations like not wanting to be promoted (I kid you not) because I didn't want to end up being "on my own" and "away from my friends". Now if I can be brave enough to admit to that , then I'm sure there have been many situations where you've also created limits out of fear of something-perhaps loss of friends, etc- or worse, just laziness..

..The classic "I can't be bothered to learn x, y, and z, just so that I can perhaps have a better job/career/life" is something everyone has uttered at some point or the other. However, please consider that if I hadn't bothered to learn to write in a more coherent manner, so you could read the content on my site (so that it would make sense to you and you'd -hopefully- enjoy it, not to mention the other " know- how" required), then this site, and these words would not..

..exist.

So, take my word for it, although it's good to be aware of your mortality, and respect and love others, it's also a good idea to recognize when to challenge yourself in a constructive human way, as to improve your life and that time usually arrives when boredom starts to creep in to your life..

..(sigh - according to the art dept., he's supposed to be an "agent for change"), yet again I am not saying take drastic measures to do all the potentially negative things ok? Good, we understand each other right?..

..I'm er glad, now it maybe a good idea to read the next lesson..Of course I'm assuming you are ready.

0 comments:

Post a Comment